Friday, April 30, 2010

SIMUN

I thought SIMUN was going to be a lot more intense then it was so I was relieved that I was in a good and pretty active group. But I don’t really like SIMUN that much because it's just not my thing to speak in front of people because that’s not one of my better skills but I did learn a lot about my country Tanzania that I didn’t know before. I thought I did fairly well, I asked some questions, spoke a little, and discussed solutions to the scenarios with my allies. I definitely need to speak more next year because although I did this year I know I could have said more. Preparation wise it was A LOT of research and writing. I had to find out my country's history which didn’t go back to far because it wasn’t to long ago that they became an independent country. I also had to look for countries that I'm allies with so I would know who to back up and who would back me up. Then I had to do even more research on questions about a certain situation in which I would give my view on. That took more time because I wanted to know the whole situation before taking a position on it so that way I could back up my position with facts.

Next year I would like to spend more time on the questions because some of them I rushed through so therefore I didn’t know as much about it when writing my response. Also as for my own countries research next year I need to find more key points that are important to know about the country. I can only hope that next year I will improve when doing SIMUN and come out of it feeling like I did my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment